Dr Craig Murison
Dr Craig Murison is the Dean of Education, Humanities and Business and Vice President Academic at Christian Heritage College (CHC), Brisbane. Craig was Founding Principal of Mackay Christian College, serving as Principal for 33 years growing the school from 18 students in years 1-7 to over 1,000 students K-12 across two campuses.
Craig creates community and capacity through his leadership style, and he challenges himself to be a lifelong learner. He has completed a Masters of Learning Management and a Professional Doctorate (Transdisciplinary Studies). He has also spoken at numerous state, national and international conferences on a variety of leadership issues, published a number of peer reviewed articles on topics such as faith learning integration, contributed to the CSA suite of God’s Big Story Resources and co-authored two values based coaching manuals. He has served on education committees at both state and local levels, been a member of many Independent and Christian school committees, and currently serves on a number of Boards.
Craig is passionate about helping teachers to teach Christianly, to build their spiritual formation as an integral part of their work as teachers, and to grow in understanding of how to reveal God through the curriculum.
- Professional Doctorate (Central Queensland University, 2011)
- Master of Learning Management (Central Queensland University, 2004)
- Advanced Diploma in Church Management and Biblical Studies (Gold Coast College of Ministries, 1998)
- Bachelor of Education (Central Queensland University, 1993)
- Diploma of Teaching (Mount Gravatt College of Advanced Education, 1981)
- Faith Learning Integration
- School Leadership Development
- Values Based Education
- School Improvement
- Graduate Attributes
- Christian Education
- 1982 – Dec 1983 Secondary teacher (Ed Qld), English, History and Geography
- 1983 – Jan 2017 Principal, Mackay Christian College (K-12)
- 2017 – Present Dean, Education, Humanities and Business, CHC
- 2018 – Present Vice President Academic, CHC
Books and Book Chapters
Murison, C. B. & Benson, D. M. (2018). Reimagining Christian Schools as Revelatory Communities. In: Luetz J., Dowden T., Norsworthy B. (eds). Reimagining Christian Education. Springer, Singapore.
Murison, C.B. & Hepplewhite, G. (2020). Graduate Attributes in Australian Higher Education: Implications of an Economic Rationalist Approach. In: Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals Quality Education, 10.1007/978-3-319-95870-5_22, (386-396), (2020).
Murison, C.B. (Pending Publication 2021). Christian Higher Education: A Frog in the Kettle or a Light on the Hill? In: Luetz J., Green, B. (eds). Innovating Christian Education Research. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-8856-3_10
Murison, C. B. (2018). Revelatory classrooms: a new discourse for the journey. In A. Gibson, & C. Chihota (Ed.), International Conference for Christian Educators (pp. 90-106). Bethlehem, Tauranga: Bethlehem Tertiary Institute. Retrieved from http://www.btiresearch.nz/uploads/1/1/8/3/118333235/2018_icce_conference_e-book__peer_reviewed_papers.pdf
Benson, D. M., Iselin, D., Messmore, R., Murison, C. B. (2017). Locating Learners in God’s Big Story 2.0. Christian Schools Australia, Sydney.
Murison, C.B., Schache, L. (2018). English Companion God’s Big Story 2.0. Christian Schools Australia, Sydney.
- Chair of Academic Board
- Chair of Deans’ Committee
- Member of Learning and Teaching Committee
- Member Research Committee
- Academic Board Nominee to CHC Council
Professional Memberships and Associations
- 2019 – present Member Queensland College of Teachers Professional Standards Committee
- (1984-2017) Member of the Mackay and District Secondary School Principal’s Association
- 2017 – Associate Fellow Institute of Managers and Leaders – (Recipient Institute of Managers and Leaders Leader of the Year Brisbane Region)
- 2017 – Recipient Institute of Managers and Leaders Leader of the Year State of Queensland (finalist for National Award)
- Associate Fellow Institute of Mangers and Leaders
- Member Australian Council of Company Directors
- Fellow of Associated Christian Schools
- Member of the Queensland Council of Deans of Education
- Member of the Australian Council of Deans of Education
- Director Gulf Christian College
- Director Toowoomba Christian College
- Director Associated Christian Schools
- AITSL/QCT Panel Member and Chair
- Member of the Schools Accreditation Sub Committee for Christian School’s Associations.