Mr Peter Wilkinson qualified with a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws from The University of Queensland in 1986 and 1990 which led to a career as a solicitor. His connection with CHC goes back to 2005/2006 when he completed a Bachelor of Education (Secondary – Graduate Entry) which came out of a personal desire to explore a different direction in life. He was also qualified with a Master of Education from CHC.
He commenced contract teaching in the Queensland state system in 2007 and soon after secured a permanent teaching position in an independent Christian school. His teaching career progressed quickly with appointment to a school leadership role as Head of Secondary in 2011. Between 2008 and 2014, he continued his connection with CHC as a sessional lecturer in Business Law in the School of Business. In 2015 he was afforded the opportunity to work full-time at CHC as a lecturer and Professional Experience Program Coordinator.
- Master of Education (Christian Heritage College, 2020)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) (Christian Heritage College, 2007)
- Bachelor of Laws (The University of Queensland, 1990)
- Bachelor of Commerce (The University of Queensland, 1986)
- Effective preparation and transition of preservice teachers to the classroom
- Retention of early career teachers in the profession
- Head of Secondary, Groves Christian College (October 2010 – 2014)
CE512, CU661, ES123, ES126, PE216, PE326, PE395, PE442, PE495
- Representation of CHC on GTPA Collective
- Member of Teaching and Learning Committee
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Queensland College of Teachers – Full Registration
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Annual engagement as an accredited assessor for the GTPA Collective inter-institutional assessment moderation of GTPA responses.